Starting in 2016, the Ocean Sciences Meeting scientific program will include invited poster presentations; invited status may not be assigned to oral presentations. Session chairs must manage and send formal invitations to invited poster authors via the online program management system by Wednesday, 2 September 2015.
Chairs may access the online invitation management system to enter the names of up to two (2) individuals they wish to designate as an invited poster author beginning on Monday, 20 July 2015. Please note, chairs must be an AGU, ASLO, or TOS member to access the online program management system here.
Invited poster authors cannot submit their abstracts until they receive an email via the online invitation system with detailed instructions. Invited poster authors must accept their invitations via the online abstract submission system in order to submit their abstracts directly to the invited session by the deadline of Wednesday, 23 September 2015. This is a firm deadline and late submissions will not be accepted.
Important reminders are outlined below:
- Invited poster authors will receive a POSTER presentation and not an oral. Please ensure that invited authors are aware that accepting the invitation to be an invited presenter acknowledges that their presentation will be a POSTER ONLY presentation.
- Invited poster authors must be an AGU, ASLO, or TOS member with a current membership status.
- An individual may not accept invitations to submit an abstract to more than one (1) session.
- Chairs may not be the First Author or Presenting Author on an invited poster abstract in the session they are convening. However, chairs may submit a contributed abstract to a session they are convening.
- All abstract submission fees are non-refundable; refunds will not be issued if policies are violated or an abstract is rejected.
- Invited poster authors do not receive waived or discounted abstract submission fees and registration fees.
- No travel reimbursements are provided to invited poster authors.
First Author Policy
- First authors may have a maximum of one (1) Contributed and one (1) Invited abstract. One additional abstract from the First Author may be submitted to an Education and Outreach; Ocean Observing and Data Management; or Policy session.
- There are no exceptions to the first author policy, regardless of the number of invitations an author receives.
- Please review specific chair guidelines for important information on key deadlines and requirements related to abstract scheduling.
Instructions for Entering Invited Poster Authors
Please note chairs must be AGU, ASLO, or TOS members in order to access the invitation management and abstract scheduling system.
- To begin, log in using your member log-in credentials; these will be the same credentials with which you submitted your session proposal.
- Once logged in to the abstract management system, Chairs will see the Ocean Sciences Meeting ‘User Portal’ page. Select the ‘Roles in Meeting’ link on the left menu bar.
- The session title will be listed in the center of the page. Select the title of your session.
- On the Session Proposal Control Panel on the left-hand side, select the ‘Manage Invitations’ link.
- Enter the name of your invited poster author in the ‘Person Search’ field.
- From the search results, select the name of the invited poster author. If an invited poster author record is not located in the search, you may create a new record by entering the email address.
- At the bottom of the page select the grey ‘Send Email Invite’ button to send a formal invitation to the invited poster author.
- Invited poster authors must not submit their invited abstract until they receive an email via the online invitation system with detailed instructions.
After the submission deadline, chairs will receive instructions on scheduling the abstracts in the session. Chairs must be available between 26 October – 1 November 2015 for the scheduling process and accessible to their Program Committee representative during this time period.