The 2016 Ocean Sciences Meeting has a limited number of student volunteer positions available for sign up. Participating in the Student Volunteer Program is a great way for students to get a behind-the-scenes look at the Ocean Sciences Meeting. In exchange for at least 8 hours of volunteer work at the meeting, participating students will receive complimentary registration. Scroll to the bottom of this page to view the positions.
Applications Open: 27 January 2016
Application Deadline : First-come, first-served.
Volunteers Announced: As confirmed.
- Must be an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled at a degree-granting institution
- First author presenting a paper/poster at the 2016 Ocean Sciences Meeting
- All student volunteers must understand and speak English well
- Students must volunteer for a total of 8 hours and may split those hours between positions
- Students may not sign up for more than 11 hours at the beginning of the sign up period. If extra positions are available, students will be notified
- Confirmed student volunteers will receive complimentary 2016 Ocean Sciences Meeting registration
- Volunteer Supervisors will be available at the beginning of each shift. Students must check in with the Supervisor in order to receive credit for their volunteer hours
- Volunteers should dress in business casual attire and wear comfortable shoes
- All volunteers will be required to wear a volunteer pin during their shift (unless noted otherwise).
2016 Ocean Sciences Meeting Volunteer Positions
Poster Hall Help – Student Volunteer Job Description
Supervisor: Haley Cox
Dates: Monday through Friday
Hours: two daily shifts: 7:00 am – 12:30 pm; 12:30 pm – 6:00 pm
Number of Students: 2 per shift
Location: Poster Hall Help Desk, Poster Hall
Duties: Assist meeting attendees in the poster hall. This includes providing supplies to poster presenters, locating specific poster presentations using the online program, and answering general meeting questions.
Oral Session Room Monitors – Student Volunteer Job Description
Supervisor: Nicole Oliphant
Date: Monday through Friday
Hours: two daily shifts: 7:30 am – 12:30 pm, 1:30pm – 4:30pm
Number of Students: 3 per shift
Location: Specific location will be provided when assignment is confirmed.
Duties: Monitor oral session room for crowd capacity and technical issues. Students must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally while communicating meeting policies to attendees.
Fill in the form below to apply!
Sorry. There are no more volunteer slots available.