Please note that applications are no longer being accepted for the General Early Career Scientist Travel Grant to the 2016 Ocean Sciences Meeting.
Applications Open: 28 August 2015
Application Deadline: 9 October 2015 11:59 P.M. EDT
Recipients Announced: November 2015
- Current early career scientist members of the American Geophysical Union, the Oceanography Society, or the Association for the Sciences of Limnology and Oceanography;
- Eligible: scientists within 10 years of their terminal degree;
- Not Eligible: current students or career scientists who earned their highest degree over 10 years ago;
- Successfully-submitted abstract prior to filling out travel grant application. Abstract reference number will be required on the application;
- First author presenting a paper or poster.
Preference will be given to applicants from races, countries, and genders which are underrepresented in the sciences. After applicants are rated for diversity, scientists who meet the following criteria will be selected:
- Applicants with sufficient additional funding resources to cover the remainder of the meeting registration and travel expenses
- Applicants whose abstracts show scientific merit to application reviewers in applicable fields
- Applications must be complete to be considered and submitted before the deadline.
- If offered a travel grant, awardees must purchase and provide their transportation (airfare, train, bus) receipt as proof of attendance in November 2015.
- Post-Meeting: Recipients are required to respond to a web-based post-meeting survey and submit a brief (‹300 words) report on the benefits of attending this meeting.
- Applicant must pay his/her own meeting registration fee.
- Grant awards are $500 for U.S. attendees and $1,000 for international attendees.
Contact Grants@agu.org for customer service.