Applications Open: 5 June 2014
Application Deadline: 13 August 2014 11:59 P.M. EDT
Recipients Announced: 3 September 2014
The American Geophysical Union is accepting applications for the David E. Lumley Young Scientist Scholarship for Energy and Environmental Science. This scholarship targets high school and undergraduate students. Its purpose is to inspire today’s young minds to work on problems of global importance in both the energy and environmental sectors of industry and academia.
Recipients will become AGU student members. They will receive an AGU travel grant ($500) to attend the AGU Fall Meeting and a $1,000 college scholarship provided by the David E. Lumley Scholarship Fund. Recipients will also be offered a choice of AGU products or services (up to $500 in value). In addition, a plaque will be presented during a Fall Meeting event and an announcement will appear in AGU’s weekly newspaper, Eos.
- High school or undergraduate student
- Interested in exploring or pursuing a career in energy or environmental science
- Presenting a paper at the AGU Fall Meeting on the topic of energy or environmental science
- First author presenting a paper or poster
- Personal statement describing how receipt of the scholarship will further career goals.
- Recommendation letter
Contact Grants@agu.org for customer service.