Participants at the 2018 Ocean Sciences Meeting should observe these guidelines:
Scope of Use
- The use of social media during all oral and poster sessions, lectures, keynotes, town halls, and social events is welcomed, including live tweeting.
- We encourage participants to include the meeting hashtag (such as #OSM18 for the 2018 Ocean Sciences Meeting) in all tweets to increase engagement, and to employ other commonly used hashtags.
- Photography, video and audio recording by individuals for personal use only is allowed at social events, in the Exhibit Hall and in public spaces throughout the meeting. Please be respectful and considerate of others.
- Photography, video and audio recording of oral sessions and posters, and lectures and keynotes is not allowed.
Photographers, videographers and science writers capture content from selected sessions, lectures, keynotes and town halls, and much of that content will be shared on social media.
Social Media Best Practices
We ask social media users to:
- Treat all participants, attendees, staff, and vendors with respect and consideration, valuing a diversity of views and opinions.
- Be respectful and collaborative.
- Communicate openly with respect for others, critiquing ideas rather than individuals.
- Avoid personal attacks directed toward other attendees, participants, staff, and suppliers/vendors.