Please note that applications are no longer being accepted for the General Student Travel Grant to the 2016 Ocean Sciences Meeting.
Applications Open: 28 August 2015
Application Deadline: 9 October 2015 11:59 P.M. EDT
Recipients Announced: November 2015
- Current student members of the American Geophysical Union, the Oceanography Society, or the Association for the Sciences of Limnology and Oceanography;
- Eligible: high school students, 2 and 4 year undergraduate college students, graduate students;
- Not Eligible: recent graduates and postdoctoral fellows;
- Successfully-submitted abstract prior to filling out travel grant application. Abstract reference number will be required on the application;
- First author presenting a paper or poster.
Preference will be given to applicants from races, countries, and genders which are underrepresented in the sciences. After students are rated for diversity, students who meet the following criteria will be selected:
- Students with sufficient additional funding resources to cover the remainder of the meeting registration and travel expenses
- Students whose abstracts show scientific merit to application reviewers in applicable fields
- Applications must be complete to be considered and submitted before the deadline.
- If offered a travel grant, students must purchase and provide their transportation (airfare, train, bus) receipt as proof of attendance in November 2015.
- Post-Meeting: Recipients are required to respond to a web-based post-meeting survey and submit a brief (‹300 words) report on the benefits of attending this meeting.
- Applicant must pay his/her own meeting registration fee.
- Grant awards are $500 for U.S. attendees and $1,000 for international attendees.
Contact Grants@agu.org for customer service.